[rt-users] Install/Configure "unknown mailer error 132"

jose jose at cs.utep.edu
Wed Sep 27 18:12:04 EDT 2000

Hi,

I am trying to install RT 1.0.4.
I am getting an "unknown mailer error 132" when generating a ticket.
The ticket is generated, but I also get this error in a separate message:

*******************
|"/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate general correspond"
    (reason: 132)
    (expanded from: <rt at cs.utep.edu>)

Illegal Instruction
554 5.3.0 |"/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate general correspond"... unknown mailer
error 132
*******************

/etc/mail/aliases
rt: |"/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate general correspond"

OS: Solaris 7
RT: 1.0.4
Perl: 5.005_03
CGI.pm: 2.74
DBI: 1.14
Sendmail: 8.10.1
MySQL: 3.22.32
MD5: 2.09

I am guessing that the problem is with suid or smrsh.  But, I can run vacation
and majordomo.  And, I have the installation in /usr/local where I have other
suid programs working.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Jose I. Hernandez Jr.