[rt-users] FreeBSD

Ashby Gochenour rt at noc.ntelos.net
Mon Apr 9 09:47:55 EDT 2001

Hey Everyone,

I'm installing RT version 1.0.1 in preparation to move an existing 1.0.1
system from debian linux to a freebsd box.

I've edited the Make file /tmp/rt/Makefile and inserted the variables for
my setup.

I do have one question about this. In the Makefile it asks who the
MYSQL_DBADMIN is. The default is set to root. I've installed mysql on this
freebsd machine, but I've not defined any users. Can anyone tell me how to
do that, and will I need to have that done before I compile RT?

At any rate, the reason I'm writing is because when I try to 'make' in the
RT tmp directory, I get an operator error.

error:

noc# make
"Makefile", line 200: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 202: Need an operator
"Makefile", line 204: Need an operator
make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

The lines it is complaining about are below the portion to be edited:

ifdef DBADMIN_MYSQL_PASS
DBADMIN_MYSQL_PASS_STRING = -p$(DBADMIN_MYSQL_PASS)
else
DBADMIN_MYSQL_PASS_STRING =
qendif

Can anyone help me out with some advice?

Thank you kindly!

Ashby Gochenour
Unix Administration
NTELOS