[rt-users] perl and mysql

Matthew Frick mfrick at chariot.net.au
Mon Aug 6 13:43:22 EDT 2001

When using a query like where the query_string is a select that returns multiple
rows of a column in the database

$result = $dbh->Query($query_string) or warn "Query had some problem: $Mysql::db_errstr\n";

eg. I may be getting this to return every name starting with 'M' therefore it
should return Matt,Mike,Malcom

but how do I get these values out I have tried a few things and the alot of
the online stuff I have looked at says that this should work...

@arr = $result->fetchrow;

but this only ever returns the first returned result from the query and that
is it.

I appologise for this not being a 100% rt problem but I figure there just maybe
one of you out there that can help me.

Matthew Frick.