[rt-users] RE: [rt-devel] Email Notification

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 7 19:05:31 EDT 2001

On Monday, August 06, 2001 16:13:40 +0200, Rafael Corvalan
<Rafael.Corvalan at linkvest.com> wrote:
+-----
| I don't know RT 1.x, but in 2.x just have to add a "Scrip" with the
+--->8

RT1 doesn't support Scrips.

| a client replies to a tkt, it updates RT just fine; however, is there a
| way to notify the person assigned to that ticket.  We have found several
+--->8

If you go into the administration GUI (/cgi-bin/admin-webrt.cgi) and select
the queue for modification, you'll find several checkboxes for
notification.  You want "notify owner on transaction".

It's also useful to set the ticket's status to "stalled", so it will
disappear from the queue (assuming you only select "open" tickets) until
it's replied to, at which point it will automatically change back to "open"
and be displayed in the queue.

brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering                                   KF8NH
carnegie mellon university     [linux: proof of the million monkeys theory]