[rt-users] Apache config help?

Martin Hemmings mhemmings at trakonic.com
Wed Aug 8 14:12:42 EDT 2001

I dont have a mod_perl.so file anywhere on my server, only a libperl.so, and
a LoadModule perl_module /path/libperl.so command in httpd.conf just gives
me an error.

When I installed mod_perl it asked for the source files, did a lot of
copying and installing and didnt give me any errors.  I assumed that meant
everything was set up correctly and Apache would now accept PerlModule,
Perlhandler, etc, but apparently I was wrong.  There's nothing in the RT
Documentation that says I need to load modules manually in the Apache config
files.

I've had one problem after another trying to get this installed and I'm
afraid I'm pretty close to just dumping it and going with something else
unless I can get this running within the next day.

Does anyone have other suggestions for me to try?