[rt-users] RT2 Database design...

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Thu Aug 16 13:37:58 EDT 2001

What are you running RT's database on now?  How much proccessor? How much ram?
Are there specific operations that are slower?  Does mysql's slow-queries
log show anything interesting?

It might be worth looking at mysql's regular query log and feeding some
of the queries that look like they're taking a long time to mysql(1)'s
"EXPLAIN" to see if it appears to need better indices.

Another option is an RT data-warehousing tool that will move old archived
informational tickets out of the core database to somewhere else
that's still searchable and accessable, so it doesn't impact performance
as much.

Depending on which operations are slow, optimizing RT2 might or might
not be the right call.  You may simply be pushing mysql's limits.
I don't know whether oracle or postgres will scale better, but those
may also be options.

        -j