[rt-users] RT2 running on Mac OS X?

Grant Miller grant at pico.apple.com
Mon Aug 20 14:08:04 EDT 2001

On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 01:19:38PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> If you're up for going into a bit more detail, folks might be able to help out.
> What's breaking where?
>
> I didn't get around to trying RT under OSX on my new ibook, because 10.0 was
> slower than mud.  I suspect that when I get my hands on a copy of 10.1, it
> will become a personal crusade to make sure it's happy.  But it _should_
> be fine.

I have RT2 installed, "make testdeps" passes, MySQL is up and running.  The
only problem I'm running into is with Apache and Perl.  I was able to get
mod_perl compiled into Apache, but when I start Apache, I get the following:

[localhost:~] root# /usr/local/apache/sbin/apachectl start
dyld: /usr/local/apache/sbin/httpd multiple definitions of symbol _ApacheRequest___parse
/Library/Perl/darwin/auto/Apache/Request/Request.bundle definition of _ApacheRequest___parse
/Library/Perl/darwin/auto/Apache/Cookie/Cookie.bundle definition of _ApacheRequest___parse
/usr/local/apache/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

I'm using mod_perl 1.25 and I did a "perl Makefile.PL EVERYTHING=1"

-Grant Miller    grant at pico.apple.com      x42917

 Unix Systems Admin, Engineering Compute Services
 unix-support at pico.apple.com, http://www-ecs.apple.com
 ECS Hotline: x44747