[rt-users] secure apache & rt?

Sheeri Kritzer skritz01 at emerald.tufts.edu
Mon Aug 20 17:44:49 EDT 2001

So, I'm working on making my apache a secure webserver (my group thinks
plaintext passwords of any kind must die) and I was wondering if anybody
had any suggestions on how to proceed.

The easiest way to compile apache+ssl, according to my group's guru, is to
compile and install mod_ssl and use apache+ssl, making all the modules
DSO.  I vaguely know that using mod_perl as a DSO makes life harder for us
RT admins.  But not compiling modules DSO makes making a secure webserver
harder.

anybody solve this problem yet?  maybe someone wrote an add-in for rt to
make it secure?

Sheeri Kritzer
Systems Administrator
University Systems Group