[rt-users] User autocreation on ticket creation

Derek Fage derek.fage at foreshore.net
Tue Aug 28 18:21:04 EDT 2001

Hi there,

We're in the final stages of testing a clean version of 2.0.5 prior to use
for the first time (we only ever 'played' with 1.x before).

I'm really impressed with it and with it's functionality, but have a couple
of questions specifically related to giving users web access to their calls.

A user is autocreated when an email based ticket is created, but it appears
that unless we modify the password that the user cannot log in as this user.

1. Do we know when this is likely to be implemented?
2. If it is implemented, will it be configurable to be enabled on specific
queues (ie enabled for support queues, but disabled to abuse queues).

When dealing with a user by email they never see the comments, but it
appears that users logging in on the Web UI do see this. Is it possible to
configure autocreated users _not_ to see the comments, or de we just need to
ensure that support personnel understand that eventually users may be able
to see comments that they add?

Thanks in advance from a new RT2 fan!

Ciao,

Derek...

except where the sender states them to be the views of Foreshore Limited.

This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
advise us by return e-mail to hostmaster at foreshore.net