[rt-users] User autocreation on ticket creation

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 29 02:21:27 EDT 2001

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 11:21:04PM +0100, Derek Fage wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We're in the final stages of testing a clean version of 2.0.5 prior to use
> for the first time (we only ever 'played' with 1.x before).
>
> I'm really impressed with it and with it's functionality, but have a couple
> of questions specifically related to giving users web access to their calls.
>
> A user is autocreated when an email based ticket is created, but it appears
> that unless we modify the password that the user cannot log in as this user.
>
> 1. Do we know when this is likely to be implemented?

It's not something I'd targetted for 2.2, though if you're interested
in sponsoring the work or contributing apropriate code, it could certainly
make the cut.

> 2. If it is implemented, will it be configurable to be enabled on specific
> queues (ie enabled for support queues, but disabled to abuse queues).

Interesting. I hadn't really planned to slice it that way, since a user could
always send mail to a queue with this functionality first and get a user ID
or worse, send mail to an abuse queue first, have an account created
but not know about it, and then send mail to a regular queue and not get
the autocreate mail, since they already had an account.

> When dealing with a user by email they never see the comments, but it
> appears that users logging in on the Web UI do see this.

This is governed by the ACLs.  don't grant Everyone or Requestor 'SeeComments'