[rt-users] sendmail with e-mail

Sheeri Kritzer skritz01 at emerald.tufts.edu
Thu Aug 30 12:50:38 EDT 2001

Silly Blond Question:

Do I need to have a sendmail server running on the same machine I have rt2
on in order to receive e-mail to rt and make a new ticket?  I'd like to
know how other people did it without running sendmail on their systems --
do you put the configuration in the /etc/aliases on the machine running
sendmail?  if so, (1) how do I change rt's address to point to the right
return address, and (2) how does the remote machine know to go to the rt2
machine to make the ticket, or correspond, or whatever?

Sheeri Kritzer
Systems Administrator
University Systems Group
Tufts University