[rt-users] Limiting SPAM into rt2 system.

Peter Losher Peter_Losher at isc.org
Mon Dec 3 14:59:14 EST 2001

Hi,

This is more of a general implementation question, but I am looking to
upgrade out current bug-tracking system from RT1 and req, to a integrated
RT2 system, using PostgreSQL as a database backend.

One question I do have, one requirement that we do have is that we accept
bug reports via email.  While this makes it easier (we think), it opens us
up to spam... large amounts of spam... REALLY large amounts of spam on a
daily basis (as these bugs aliases are very well known in the Internet
community, we are on every known spammers list).  We even have the
occasional mail-loop to provide fun for one and all.

Are there ways in the mail gateway abilities in RT2 to prevent this?
Something like a cookie-based system, where you have to confirm your bug
submission before it gets entered into the db?  Or are their other ways
other RT admins have dealt with this issue?

Thanks for your input... :)

-Peter
--
Peter_Losher at isc.org - Internet Software Consortium - http://www.isc.org/