[rt-users] Can't do setuid

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Dec 3 17:48:57 EST 2001

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Phil Homewood wrote:

> Presciliano dos Santos Neto wrote:
> > I'm running RT on Conectiva Linux, so I chmoded u+s /usr/bin/suidperl:
> >
> > However, I still get the following error when sending an e-mail to the
> > queue:
> >
> > Can't do setuid
>
> Assuming nothing is removing the suid bit on that executable,
> you may have the same problem as has been reported under
> Slackware. See
>
> http://www.helgrim.com/rtdocs/faq.html#71

Hrmmmm... sounds like a job for something like the majordomo setuid
wrapper program.. ultra-tiny setuid compiled program whose only function
is to invoke a perl script with the appropriate settings.

You could probably use the majordomo wrapper program, recompiling to use
the rt group, an rt dummy user, and HOME being /path/to/rt2/bin .

( No, I'm not staying up just to read rt-users )

                                                                        NCC
                                                                 Operations