[rt-users] Limiting SPAM into rt2 system.

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Tue Dec 4 09:18:12 EST 2001

>Are there ways in the mail gateway abilities in RT2 to prevent this?

I second the TDMA approach which we will be testing RSN, it's essentially a
"double opt-in" technique.  Bug submitters would get a "please confirm"
message.

TDMA would be downstream of  the usual restrictions in, say, postfix.
postfix would scrub 90% of the crap with RBL, DNS validations, protocol
enforcement (no SMTP command pipelining, ehlo required).  Whatever gets
through that obtacle course, still has to be TDMA'd.

That approach really ought reduce the spam, imo.  And since there aren't
100's or 1000's of you ISC people to teach how to use it ...

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.4 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-abuse mail gateways