[rt-users] Changing hostname/IP and broken HTML

Steve Gilbert gilbert at 8020softwaretools.com
Tue Dec 4 18:06:54 EST 2001

Hi folks,

I'm having two problems which may or may not be related...

The basics:
RT 2.0.9
Solaris 8
Perl 5.6.1
Apache 1.3.22
MySQL 3.23.44

First, through no decision of my own, I just had to change the
hostname and IP address of this machine.  After doing this, I
went through my whole RT install and searched for any mention of
the old hostname and changed it anywhere it turned up.  Ditto for
Apache and MySQL (although I know very little about MySQL).  Things
seem to be working fine, but I wanted to ask here and see if there
is any issue with this that I might have overlooked.  Anyone done
this before?

Now the real problem...I *think* this might have just started when
I made the hostname change, but I really can't confirm that for sure.
Anyway, when I bring up my login screen, the HTML that is returned
is not complete...there is no </body> or </html> tags at the end,
which causes some browsers to hang.  You can hit Stop and the the
page is fine, but I need to figure out what's going on.  This only
happens on the login screen...all other pages load fine.  I will
attach a copy of the index.html that it gives me.

Thanks for any help with this!!!

Steve Gilbert             gilbert at 8020softwaretools.com
80/20 Software Tools      www.8020softwaretools.com