[rt-users] WebExternalAuth in config.pm

Richard Fedoriuk rfedoriuk at rnm.ca
Thu Dec 6 15:35:45 EST 2001

Thanks for your suggestion Christian, but it seems that RT is
not performing system-authentication...

I tried setting Apache as you outlined unsuccessfully, unless
I'm muddling the config file (likely)... have you been successful
in configuring RT for external auth?

Further, whenever I set WebExternalAuth in config.pm, I am unable
to log into RT using the conventional browser interface, getting
a "You are not an authorized user" message in RT...

FYI, here is the config I'm using:

  <VirtualHost 10.3.251.166>
     DocumentRoot /opt/rt2/WebRT/html
     ServerName localhost
     PerlModule Apache::DBI
     PerlFreshRestart On
     PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl

     <Directory /opt/rt2/WebRT/html>
       AuthUserFile /opt/rt2/rtremote
       require valid-user
     </Directory>

     <Location />
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler RT::Mason
     </Location>
  </VirtualHost>

with the AuthUserFile containing the same password as that is used in
RT, this was generated using htpasswd (also it happens to be same passwd
as the system passwd for same user in this case), and $REMOTE_USER has
been set to the same user...

any other suggestions welcome, thanks again...

 - Richard

  Richard Fedoriuk
  Build Manager
  Rogers iMedia