[rt-users] [DOC] Using Mail::Audit with RT.

Richard Soderberg richard.soderberg at databuilt.com
Mon Dec 10 14:56:23 EST 2001

I've just been shown a solution for using Mail::Audit to communicate
with RT; with proper regexen, you could configure an RT mailgate through
any mail daemon that supports a .forward file, without having access to
or modifying the MTA configuration.  Yay Simon :)

if ($to =~ /rt\+(w+)@crystalflame.net/) { # mail to
rt+queuename at crystalflame.net
	# is sent as correspondence into queuename
	$item->pipe("/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue $1 --action
correspond");
}

This is slighty modified from the original:

if ($to =~ /rt-(\w+)@simon-cozens.org/) { # It's for RT.
	$item->pipe("/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue $1 --action
correspond");
}

since my mail daemon parses 'rt+foo' as being destined for the user
'rt', by default (sendmail).

With a bit of tweaking of the above regex, I can send mail to
rs+rt-tasks-correspond at crystalflame.net to add correspondence to the
'tasks' queue. for instance.

Just thought I'd share the info.

R.

ps. with the Vipul's Razor plugin (not quite released yet) Mail::Audit
will happily block spam for you, resolving the RT-spam issue.  And I
think there's other plugins as well.