[rt-users] Best practices?

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Mon Dec 10 15:28:49 EST 2001

JF> ticket owner never finds out about this. He/she has to periodically go in
JF> and read each one of his/her tickets to see if any correspondance has
JF> arrived on it.

add: OnCorrespond NotifyAllWatchers with template Correspondence

JF> It would be very valuable to me (and many other probably) to get some
JF> submissions on how different organizations are using RT. Specifically:

JF> when does someone take a ticket?

When they are going to work on it and be responsible for it.

JF> when do they change a ticket from new to open?

When they start work on it.

JF> when do you resolve a ticket?

When the problem is resolved or the requested followup info doesn't
come in for a long time (say 3 weeks).

JF> how do you have your scrips setup?

OnCreate NotifyAdminCcs with template Transaction
OnCorrespond NotifyAllWatchers with template Correspondence
OnCreate AutoreplyToRequestors with template General: Autoreply
OnComment NotifyAdminCcsAsComment with template AdminComment

We use a custom auto-reply per queue, since we include a mini-faq for
the most most most F of Qs per contact area.

We used to have an onresolve scrip but that caused most people to say
"thank you" which then re-opened the ticket, and ended us into a
nice cycle whereby we couldn't close the tickets ;-)

JF> Thank you to anyone who answers.

Lose the HTML.