[rt-users] More on best practices

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Wed Dec 12 10:47:02 EST 2001

Carrie Coy wrote:

> We're getting ready to launch RequestTracker in a ~300 employee (6
> developers/4 sys admin types) company that has no existing problem
> tracking system.   I welcome advice on how to set up queues and
> front-end.
>
> What's better?  A couple queues (development, support) with
> keyword-tagged requests (Hardware/Software/SysAdmin)?   More queues
> (Database development, Database bugs, Printing, Email, PC, Web, Dial-up,
> SysAdministration, etc)?

[snip]

> A "Success Stories" section with contributions from RT fans would be an
> incredibly helpful addition to the documentation.
>
> Thanks,
> Carrie Coy

We have a single queue without key words and stuff, and rt works well for an IT
team of five supporting about 230 people locally and 400 nation wide.

Regards,
	Harald

--
Harald Wagener      |                                Systemadministrator
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                              Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252