[rt-users] 2.0.9 bogs with >10K tickets

Darren Nickerson darren at dazza.org
Thu Dec 20 14:58:15 EST 2001

  Jesse> The changes from LONGBLOB to LONGTEXT, iirc, get us case-insensitive
  Jesse> searching.  There aren't, to my knowledge, any incompatible
  Jesse> changes. You can add all the indices by hand if you want or you can
  Jesse> do a full database dump, install the new schema and indices and then
  Jesse> restore the content from the dump.

Well that wasn't a hard decision.

I dumped & dropped the database, recreated it using the 2.0.9 schema, and
re-imported. Man, was I sweating! ;-) It worked just fine though.

Things have definitely improved!! Thanks!

  Jesse> It's probbly also worth looking at your system config.  As I read
  Jesse> that, you've got 768M of ram and 128M of swap, which is full.....Is
  Jesse> mysql eating all that ram?

[root at hewes hylafax]# free
Mem:        770172     762464       7708       8652      15340     362456
-/+ buffers/cache:     384668     385504
Swap:       123880     123068        812

It's misleading, I'll admit. Big-ass amount of stuff cached. The really important line is the -/+ buffers/cache line, which makes is clear I've got almost 400MB of RAM free.

-d