[rt-users] Mangling support addresses

Charl Matthee charl at infosat.net
Thu Dec 27 09:10:07 EST 2001

Hi,

Is it possible (in RT2) to set up the following scenario:

- User sends a support request via email to support at domain,
- A new ticket is created and the user is sent a template reply.
- A support user picks the ticket up and corresponds with the user via RT.
- The reply address of the correspondence always stays support at domain
	(never divulging the actual RT user corresponding to the request).

The last step is the only one I am uncertain RT2 supports as-is (or with
some changes). We run RT1.x and needed to write an address mangling script
that plugs into our MTA to be able to mangle the addresses correctly.

We essentially have several support queues that are bound to different
domains. Company policy dictates that correspondence with an outside party
must take place via the support at domain role account.

Can one do this easier in RT2 natively?

Ciao

Charl

       I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

      [ Charl Matthee ]                             [ +27-11-721-3800 ]
      [ Entropic Reality Facilitator]               [ +27-11-405-6508 ]