[rt-users] RT questions (status of RT2)

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 5 22:30:53 EST 2001

On Monday, February 05, 2001 22:23:50 -0500, Jesse <jesse at fsck.com> wrote:
+-----

| On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 11:46:06AM +0100, Lorens Kockum wrote:
| > > Big impediments to day-to-day use include the fact that merge
| > > hasn't been implemented yet,
| >
| > That's very probably a showstopper for me :-( Absence on
| > incident merging is the major problem with the system we have
| > today.  Can't supertickets and subtickets be used to work around
| > that?
|
| In cases where you're trying to do incident aggregation, this
| works just great.  The issue is when a user screws up and
| submits a second ticket about the same problem...
+--->8

"screws up"?  Some users around here adamantly refuse to reply to messages,
but instead send new messages every time.  I think they haven't figured out
the purpose of the Reply button yet....

brandon s. allbery     [os/2][linux][solaris][japh]   allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator        [WAY too many hats]         allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering                                   KF8NH
carnegie mellon university     ["better check the oblivious first" -ke6sls]