[rt-users] RT for Abuse handling? Bounce mail?

Stephen W. Thompson thompson at pobox.upenn.edu
Thu Feb 8 10:40:24 EST 2001

Lorens,

> Is there anyone out there actually using RT for abuse handling?
> Does anyone know of other solutions that would be better at
> handling abuse?  I've looked around, but haven't found anything.

For what it's worth, I'm looking at RT for the exact same reason.
I haven't played with it enough to be able to consider how it
fills all my needs yet.  (Still trying to get the e-mail portion
to work right -- the webrt part is terrific!)

> > For those who didn't follow the above paragraph, I'll try to
> > restate it; I'm thinking about filtering RT mail through a
> > script that will recognize delivery failures for mail sent by
> > the RT users to the outside, and reformat those delivery notices
> > so that RT knows to put them into the right ticket.

I should think that procmail in front of RT might be a handy method.
It's got a FROM_DAEMON pattern that matches many, many computer-sent
messages.  Then code some sort of "if (FROM_DAEMON) then (create
reformatted mail and deliver to rt queue)" procmail action.  Again,
I'm still green at RT, so take my advice with caution.

En paz,
Steve
--
Stephen W. Thompson, UPenn, ISC Information Security, 215-898-1236, WWW has PGP
thompson at isc.upenn.edu    URL=http://pobox.upenn.edu/~thompson/index.html