[rt-users] Getting content in the transaction mails Part II

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Mon Feb 12 05:02:13 EST 2001

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Neil Shetty wrote:

> Okay here is a repost (just learned that no one sees your post if you post
> at the end of the month)
>
> Hi,
>
> As an Admin, when I assign a Request to a new owner, I want the content of
> the request to appear in the change owner transaction mail.  This is so that
> the person who is assigned the task does not have to log in to RT to
> determine the nature of the request.
>
> ****How do I get the content of the request at hand to appear in the trans
> e-mail?*****
>
> Also.....The content of the request appears in the autoreply, but not in the
> transaction mail even when inserting the autoreply code withing the
> transaction mail code.  I tried using %trans:content% as it appears in the
> autoreply mail but it still produces no text.   %content% does not seem to
> work either.

It's logical - %trans:content% is the content of current transaction
(change owner does not have any new textual content). I think that if you
really need to hack your RT1 installation you should look at (and reuse
this code) a subroutine used by CLI command "rt -history".

> Please help.
> Thanks.
> Neil

> Neil P. Shetty
> Engineering Projects Manager
> BizLand, Inc.
> www.BizLand.com

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: (420 19) 7491588
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI404