[rt-users] Changing queue names

Timothy A. Gregory tgregory at tarjema.com
Tue Feb 20 12:17:35 EST 2001

Hey all,

this could actually be answered in either of two ways:

1) We have some queue names that have spaces in them. Is there a way to
get email to actually work with those queues?  the address is purchasing@,
and I have this in /etc/aliases:

 Purchasing rt alias
purchasing:                |"/usr/local/rt/bin/stripmime "BusOffice -
Purchasing" correspond"
purchasing-comment:        |"/usr/local/rt/bin/stripmime "BusOffice -
Purchasing" comment"
purchasing-action:         |"/usr/local/rt/bin/stripmime "BusOffice -
Purchasing" action"

The only difference between this entry and the 8 other queues involved is
that there is are spaces in the queue name.  When someone sends mail to
this queue they get this back:

     There has been an error:
     There has been an error with your request:
     You don't have permission to create requests in this queue. Either
     you're not a queue member or non-members aren't allowed to create
     requests in this queue.

Though the queue is set up to allow non-members to open new tickets.

2)  If spaces are not going to work, then can I change the queue name to a
single word with no spaces using MySQL directly, or is there some
recommended utility for this?

Thanks for the help,

--tag

| Timothy A. Gregory        http://www.tarjema.com |
| *NIX SysAdmin               tgregory at tarjema.com |
| Arabic > English Translator         IBM AIX CATE |
Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but
coaxed downstairs a step at a time.
--Mark Twain