[rt-users] RT/BSDI/postfix

Justin Monti jpm_lists at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 21 16:09:26 EST 2001

hmm.... this sounds like it might be a misconfiguration with sendmail.  On
my RT server (solaris 7 box) i needed to set the smart relay host in the
sendmail.cf file to my company's SMTP server otherwise sendmail was spinning
for a while when sending mail, and RT was waiting for sendmail to return,
thus causing the occasional time-out.  Check your syslog to see if there are
complaints from sendmail that it can't resolve external hosts or can't get
its own fully qualified domain name.

hope this helps

Justin