[rt-users] running two RT installs

Kazu Kimura kimura at ctc.ad.jp
Wed Feb 21 19:55:48 EST 2001

Hi,

Concerning first question, I think you created two MySQL database but RT can handle only one at the time.  So, you can see only one database. If
you want divide the project, you must create queues in this case.

Concerning the second, you better upgrade RT to 1.0.7.  I had
experienced this error when it was 1.0.4.  With 1.0.5, it is cleared.

Regards,
Kazu
On Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:14:32 -0800
Grant Miller <grant at pico.apple.com> wrote:

> Has anyone setup two instances of RT?
>

> For example:
>
> Install 1:
>
> RT_PATH = /usr/local/rt-project1
> RTUSER = rt
> RT_MAIL_TAG = project1
> RT_MAIL_ALIAS = project1 at mail.somebox.domain
> RT_MYSQL_DATABASE = rt
>

> Install 2:
>
> RT_PATH = /usr/local/rt-project2
> RTUSER = rt-proj2
> RT_MAIL_TAG = project2
> RT_MAIL_ALIAS = project2 at mail.somebox.domain
> RT_MYSQL_DATABASE = rt_proj2
>

> I've installed a second instance of RT in our system and it kinda works.
> The problems I'm having are:
>

> I send a email to RT (I have "allow non-members to create requests" turned
> on) and get this response back from RT:
>

> There has been an error:
> There has been an error with your request:
> You don't have permission to create requests in this queue.
>
> Your message is reproduced below:
>

> What's even stranger is through the web interface, I don't see a list of
> queues next to the "Create request in queue" button.  I'm logged in as a
> user that has admin privs and is a RT admin.
>

> FYI, I'm running RT v1.0.2  (yes I know it's a old version. I plan up
> upgrading sometime soon, but not right now.) on Solaris 2.6 (sparc), Sendmail
> 8.11.1, and MySQL 3.22.32, Perl 5.6.
>

> Any pointers would be appreciated.
>

> -Grant Miller    grant at pico.apple.com
>
>  Unix Systems Admin, Engineering Compute Services

Kazu Kimura <kimura at ctc.ad.jp>
IP Network tech. dep. CTC
Phone +81-52-740-8101
Fax   +81-52-740-8935