[rt-users] Don't always email the requestor?!

J.D. Falk jdfalk at mail-abuse.org
Thu Feb 22 17:17:40 EST 2001

On 02/21/01, Eric HALIL <e.halil at mailbox.uq.edu.au> wrote:

> There are a couple of things that however make it even more useful :)
> Both of these are related to the fact that in individual tickets we often
> are chatting to more than more person.  RT seemed to be designed optimally
> for dealing with one requestor (or small group of requestors who are all kept
> up to date at the same time).

	Like almost every other ticketing system out there, RT considers
	each ticket to be one conversation.  If you want to have other
	conversations, they should be in different tickets.

	RT2 will allow you to link tickets to each other, so that it's
	easier to tell when there are multiple conversations regarding
	the same issue.

	RT2 also gives you more flexibility regarding which actions the
	requestor gets e-mail about.

--
J.D. Falk                   "The Internet isn't just a publishing medium or a
Product Manager                     medium for commerce, it's a social medium."