[rt-users] first install error, and using postfix?

Christopher Kolar ckolar at aurora.edu
Tue Feb 27 12:34:47 EST 2001

Hi everyone.  I just made my first RT installation (1.0.7) on a Mandrake
Corporate Server 1.0.1.  The main point of divergence from the install
documents is that I am running postfix as my MTA.  Things went mostly
smoothly and I was able to add some users and queues using the web
interface.  I then encountered two problems.

1.  When i tried to create a ticket by mailing the helpdesk address, it
bounced the message.  The mail error log showed that there was a problem
with the sendmail options, so I went into config.pm and just commented the
line out that had the sendmail options.

2.  On try two i actually got a response back from the server, but it was
not the response that I wanted:

 >Subject: [aurora.edu #] (_rt_system) RT Error: blackboard problem
 >From: Christopher Kolar via RT <ishelp at astra.aurora.edu>
 >To: ckolar at aurora.edu
 >Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:05:54 -0600 (CST)
 >Sender: nobody at astra.aurora.edu
 >
 >There has been an error:
 >There has been an error with your request:
 >
 >Your message is reproduced below:
 >

 >I have a problem with blackboard.

I am able to create and manipulate tickets through the web, and it is
sending outgoing email notification normally.  Any suggestions as to what I
can do to get the incoming email interface to work would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

--chris

--
  Christopher G. Kolar