[rt-users] StripMIME question

Sumith Ail sumithail4 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 05:14:58 EST 2001

> I was hoping an answer would turn up to your
> original question: I
> don't know where to start with StripMIME.
>
> Any tips would be appreciated.
>
> Frances

I would be more than happy to share my experience and
would be obliged if Jesse would include this as a
README for STRIPMIME in contrib folder.

My turn to contribute something. Author:- Sumith Ail
sumithail4 at yahoo.com

My Hardware:- Pentium II with 64MB RAM
My OS:- RH Linux 6.2

Copy the stripmime perl script in to rt bin
folder..i.e just the perl script you should remove
rest of the author messages , change the path settings

Mine is something like this...

$basepath = "http://192.168.1.67/stripmime/$now-$$";
$basefilepath = "/home/httpd/html/stripmime/$now-$$";
$outputprog = "/opt/rt/bin/rt-mailgate @ARGV";

and give it execute permissions.

Install the additional perl modules required by
stripmime from www.perl.com in that order.

MIME-Base64-2.11.tar.gz
IO-stringy-1.216.tar.gz
MailTools-1.15.tar.gz
MIME-tools-5.410.tar.gz

make a folder for stripmime to save all the MIME
content which should be Apache Document Dir

mkdir /home/httpd/html/stripmime

Now change the permissions of this folder so that
sendmail has permissions to write into it.

chown mail /home/httpd/html/stripmime
chgrp mail /home/httpd/html/stripmime

modify rt aliases for sendmail..i.e remove rt-mailgate
and include the full path of stripmime

testsupport:            |"/opt/rt/bin/stripmime
Support correspond"

Restart sendmail.

Thats about it. StripMIME will accept the incoming
messages...decode MIME content in it and handle the
message without MIME to rt-mailgate.

Please let me know if I've forgotten something in this
HOW TO or there are any problems during your stripmime
installation.

Enjoy!
Sumith Ail
sumithail4 at yahoo.com