[rt-users] Control

Teo de Hesselle teo.dehesselle at uts.edu.au
Mon Jul 2 20:22:38 EDT 2001

Jesse wrote:

> > 3) As I mentioned, Several departments use RT, and at the moment I have
> > several seperate instances of RT installed. I'd much prefer to maintain
> > one single database, and still be able to delegate user account control to
> > the appropriate supervisors in the departments concerned, *without* them
> > being able to mess with the other queue's settings. Is this even remotely
> > possible?
> >

> The access control system is pretty flexible, but I'd need to know waht you mean by 'user account control' before I could give you a reasonable answer.

Quick example:

I set up two queues, "A" and "B". There are 2xN users, A1, A2... AN (and B
1..N).

There are also two managers, M-A and M-B.

Managers A and B are from completely seperate departments. Each of them
manage 20-40 staff, some of which are full time, with a considerable
turnover of casuals.

What I'd like for Manager A to be able to create users, but restrict
Manager A and their spawn to queue A, and preferably have them unaware of
queue B's existence. Is it possible to grant 'Create User' access to an
account, but have it's access restricted to a subset of the creator's
priveliges.

I hope that's clear. Ideas?

btw, thanks for the keywords explanation - I'll have a play with my shiny
new test install.

--
Téo de Hesselle,                 | Diplomacy is about surviving until
Unix Systems Administrator       | the next century.  Politics is
                                 | about surviving until Friday
University of Technology, Sydney | afternoon.        -- Yes, Minister