[rt-users] Owner correspondance

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.ca
Wed Jul 4 17:20:32 EDT 2001

Quick question: is it possible to have the owner correspond with the ticket
via e-mail:

In that:

1 - Bubba sends in an email to queue Support, saying "My email doesn't
work."
2 - All the watchers are notified.
3 - RT2 user Hank is the first to respond, jumps on the web, creates a reply
saying, "Well, it worked this time.", and takes ownership of the ticket.
4 - Bubba then gets that notification (a la wonderful, wonderful magic of
scrips), responds to it saying, "But I can't e-mail my sister about the
family reunion.".
5 - Hank (again, by the wonderful, wonderful magic of scrips) receives
notification, but for some reason, his web browser doesn't work right now.
So he responds to the e-mail saying, "Just walk across the hall and ask
her."

At this point, it would be nice for that correspondance to be entered into
the RT database, and have Bubba updated with the new correspondance.
However, we get a [Subject: Correspondance not recorded] [Body: Permission
Denied] message.  I've set up permissions on the queue Support to allow the
Owner to "Comment on Ticket", "Own Ticket", and "Reply to Ticket" (amongst a
few others).

Looking at the owner, it (in the example given) would be set to user "hank".
The correspondance via e-mail would not be coming from "hank" but "Hank
McCoy <hank at dumpster.com>" (though "hank"'s e-mail address would be set to
hank at dumpster.com).

Is there anyway to do this.