[rt-users] RT2 installation problems (apache configuration)

Trevor Sky Garside rt-list at trevorsky.com
Thu Jul 5 19:09:20 EDT 2001

I have hacked my way through getting RT2 to install on my system, but I
can't get the Apache config to work properly.  Apache appears to be ignoring
the Perl handler.  Here is my VirtualHost line from httpd.conf:

<VirtualHost my.ip.address>
 DocumentRoot /opt/rt2/WebRT/html
 ServerName rt.mydomainname
 PerlModule Apache::DBI
 PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
 ErrorLog /opt/rt2/logs/apache-error.log

 <Location />
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
 </Location>
</VirtualHost>

(I have removed my domain name and IP because I don't want random people
poking around an unfinished installation... ;)

I have confirmed that Apache is basically ignoring the SetHandler line
because it does the same thing no matter what is listed there -- at the
moment, it is set to SetHandler your-mom - no error flagged when apache
starts up, and it merely spits out the plain HTML instead of processing it
through Mason.

As a side note, I had *severe* trouble getting this program to install at
all.  Does anybody have any installation notes from their RT2 install?  I'd
like to see if others had the same troubles I did.

Installed on a RedHat 7.1 system, MySQL was installed using the RPMs.
Running make fixdeps actually downloaded and built a new Perl, which has
been an unrelated source of many headaches.

Thanks for any help anybody can provide.

Trevor Sky Garside
<trevor at trevorsky.com>