[rt-users] Help... moved RT and now lost message bodies!

Karel P Kerezman rael at zero.kgon.com
Thu Jul 5 20:30:40 EDT 2001

On 06 Jul 2001 10:22:15 +1000, Teo de Hesselle wrote:
> I have to move RT from machine A to B... I did a fresh install and then
> overwrote the new mysql database with the original... And I've now lost
> access to the message bodies...
>
> I've also copied the old transactions....  Help... users are screaming at
> me...

When I moved from one machine to another, I did a mysqldump out, built
the new RT 1.07 install, then piped in the dump file after excising the
bits that create tables and whatnot. It worked like a dream.

That probably doesn't help you very much, but it was how I went about
the process.

--
  Karel P Kerezman - IS Admin, Entercom Portland - http://zero.kgon.com
  Can't dial 911 because he can't find '11' on the phone.