[rt-users] Help... moved RT and now lost message bodies!

Teo de Hesselle teo.dehesselle at uts.edu.au
Thu Jul 5 22:06:51 EDT 2001

Teo de Hesselle wrote:

> The following relates to rt 1.0.7.
>
> I have to move RT from machine A to B... I did a fresh install and then
> overwrote the new mysql database with the original... And I've now lost
> access to the message bodies...
>
> I've also copied the old transactions....  Help... users are screaming at
> me...

More exciting information:

I shut the rt interface down, so I can play without affecting the users.

Now... I copied mysql/var/rt to mysql/var/rt-broke

then went into mysql and did a DROP DATABASE rt;

Next... moved /usr/local/rt1 to usr/local/rt1-broke

Changed the uid from 42 to 60001, to match the previous system it was
installed on.

"make install" from source.

The new database behaves exactly the same as the old... though I tried
creating/commenting from the web interface, and that works fine (the text
is displayed)... otherwise, the text is gone.

Now... there is no trace of the 'old' data on the system whatsoever... but
the behavior is still there.

Any ideas?

--
Téo de Hesselle,                 | Diplomacy is about surviving until
Unix Systems Administrator       | the next century.  Politics is
                                 | about surviving until Friday
University of Technology, Sydney | afternoon.        -- Yes, Minister