[rt-users] Cookies.pm and RT 2.0.1

Robert Shaw rshaw at mxim.com
Wed Jul 18 18:34:48 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 03:23:02PM -0700, marchuk at ee.washington.edu wrote:
> I've downloaded the latest RT, version 2.0.1, configured it, installed
> it.  Now I am trying to get the HTML version up but keep getting the
> following error in the apache errorlog file:
>
> [Wed Jul 18 18:16:59 2001] [error] Undefined subroutine
> &Apache::Cookie::parse called at /home/rt2/bin/webmux.pl line 124.
>
> It seems that the subroutine is there in the Cookie.pm file.  Can anyone
> tell me what the problem is or how to fix it.

You need to add the Apache::Cookie module to Perl from CPAN (or manually).
The Makefile is not checking for this in the testdeps target. Do something
like this:

perl -MCPAN -e'CPAN::install Apache::Cookie'

That should add the module to your perl install. Then try RT. It should
work then. I ran into the same problem when upgrading from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1.

-Robert