[rt-users] Question on rt and transports and sgid and what not

Alexander Koch alexander.koch at tiscali.com
Thu Jul 19 11:23:33 EDT 2001

I am sort of lost here, it does not seem to work... I have
tried to install rt2 here, it just has a pipe in my
/etc/aliases, so it should work, I thought. I use Exim here,
FreeBSD...

-->
  pipe to |/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond
    generated by rt at carmel.net.tiscali.com
    Child process of address_pipe transport returned 255 (could mean shell command ended by signal 127 (unrecognized signal number)) from command:
    /opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate

The following text was generated during the delivery attempt:

------ pipe to |/opt/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond
       generated by rt at carmel.net.tiscali.com ------

Can't do setuid
<--

So... what has to be setuid to what? Any ideas? Hints welcome.

Thanks,
Alexander

--
Alexander Koch <alexander.koch at tiscali.com> / ako4-ripe
Network Engineer, Tiscali S.p.A., International IP Network Operations