[rt-users] MySQL problems... SOLVED!!!

Steve Nolan snolan at virl.bc.ca
Thu Jul 19 12:14:59 EDT 2001

> I was having problems with the following appearing in the Apache logs:
> Had to create DBD::mysql::db::imp_data_size unexpectedly at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux/DBI.pm line 703.
> [Wed Jul 18 04:50:32 2001] [error] Undefined subroutine
>   &DBD::mysql::db::_login called at
>   /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux/DBD/mysql.pm line 1
> I have now fixed this problem by switching MySQL from a src compiled version
> to the RPM installed version. This suggests to me that the perl module is
> having trouble finding a header or include file it needs to set the
> imp_data_size variable.

For what it's worth, I was having the exact same problem as Tim (at least, I was
receiving exactly the same errors in the logfiles) but I found a different solution:

I ended up manually deleting a number of perl modules,  downloading fresh,
known good copies from http://www.helgrim.com/perlmodules/  (THANKS
Feargal ..)  and reinstalled. The list ended up including:

DBI-1.16
DBIx-SearchBuilder-0.40
DBIx-DataSource-0.02
Msql-Mysql-modules-1.2216
Storable-1.0.11
libapreq-0.31
Apache-Session-1.53
ApacheDBI-0.88

I had previously tried un/re-installing just the msql-mysql module, but that
didn't seem to be sufficient.  Something in the list above seemed to fix
the problem.

Hopefully, this'll help someone else.
 -Steve.

Steve Nolan