[rt-users] PerlHandler RT::Mason is the bane of my LIFE!

Dan McLean danmc at chariot.net.au
Tue Jul 24 06:07:39 EDT 2001

Ok guys, here is a curly one for you all...

There are a few other references to this problem but no clear answer.

We have a RT build of 2.0.1 with MySQL, Mod_Perl 1.25, the latest files from
running
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.fsck.com:/raid/cvsroot co -r rt-1-1 rt
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.fsck.com:/raid/cvsroot co DBIx

testdeps comes up trumps (ie: everything is cool according to testdeps)
DBI has been installed by hand, everything else is all up to date thru CPAN.

2 of us have spent the whole day reading through the forums, and anything
relating to what our problem maybe so that we didn't bug you with a question
when we hadn't RTFM...

However we have hit the wall... a huge 20ft brick one.

When we either run  /usr/local/rt2/bin/rt or when we hit the webpage(then
the error is in the apache logs), *any* webpage wether it's RT's index or a
test one we created, we get the error

"Can't locate object method "new" via package "RT::Handle" at
/usr/local/rt2/lib/RT.pm line 13."

Can anyone give us *anything* to go on here... we are fresh outta ideas...

Cheers...

Dan & Matt

p.s. the webserver doesn't break when we comment out this line, but RT
obviously won't run.
         PerlHandler RT::Mason