[rt-users] RT 2.0.3 and Dates

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Wed Jul 25 10:37:31 EDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 10:26:14AM -0400, Vivek Khera wrote:

> j> I'd be curious to know if the following improves things:
> j> in DBIx/SearchBuilder/Handle/Pg, there's a line:
>
> j>     $self->SimpleQuery("SET TIME ZONE 'GMT'");
>
> Is this why all my dates on the ticket summary show up as GMT rather
> than local time (eastern time)?

This is _part_ of the reason. But just changing this isn't recommended,
as other parts of RT assume that the internal date format is in GMT.
You're much better off hacking on and contributing updates to RT::Date's
display routines.   The eventual goal is to support the ability for users
to set their own timezones regardless of the system zone.