[rt-users] More Notes: Need Help: RT can't write to sessiondir

Feargal Reilly feargal at thecia.ie
Thu Jul 26 23:55:38 EDT 2001

On Thu, 26 Jul 2001 20:12:06 -0500
"Nathan Olla" <nathan.olla at newisys.com> wrote:

> The actual error that the eval is returning is this:
>
> [error] ERROR IS : Permission denied at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Apache/Session/SysVSemaphoreLocker.pm
> line 63.
>         (in cleanup) Permission denied at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/Apache/Session/SysVSemaphoreLocker.pm
> line 63.

> webmux.pl reports: RT Couldn't write to session directory
> '/opt/rt2/WebRT/sessiondata'. Check that this directory's permissions
> are correct. at /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl line 144.

Hmm... it may be probs with your semaphores, but I'm a FreeBSD head, you'll need a Red Hat person to help methinks...

ipcs -bS may list the number of semaphores allowed by your kernel
ipcs -s may list what's in use, check that there isn't a huge NSEM value.
If there is, and appears to be from a dead process, ipcrm can be use to remove it. Read the man pages for both on your system, usage may be different.

And check you're not out of diskspace.

What's SysVSemaphoreLocker.pm doing at line 63?