[rt-users] Why can't RT find the Templates?

Dan McLean danmc at chariot.net.au
Sat Jul 28 01:25:53 EDT 2001

They are in the right directory, as defined in config.pm
the rt user and group in config.pm is "rt"
and the templates plus the template directory is owned by rt
with permissions set to
-rwxr-xr-x    1 rt       root          362 Jan 27  1998 transaction

the actual directory for the queue I am using is
/usr/local/rt/etc/templates/queues/EduTech/
and in config.pm it is set to $template_dir="/usr/local/rt/etc/templates"

And yet the error msg I get spat back at me is still

The specified template is missing or inaccessable.
 (/usr/local/rt/etc/templates/queues/EduTech/transaction)
 However, the custom content which was supposed to fill the template was:

There is something incredibly simple that I am missing isn't there?

Thanks lads and lasses!

-Dan