[rt-users] configuring sendmail with ssh/rt

Dale Bewley dale at bewley.net
Fri Jun 1 13:10:01 EDT 2001

On Fri, 1 Jun 2001, brigit schroeder wrote:
> > Can you show us the alias you are using? It sounds like you are piping
> > email to an ssh command? I really doubt you need/want to do that if you
> > are.
> >
> > As far as executables and sendmail, you can pub symlinks in /etc/smrsh to
> > make sendmail happy.
> >

> Let's see...the new alias that I put in the mailserver's file was as
> follows:
>
> rt-requests: |"ssh -T -v -i  /.ssh/rt rt at mymachine.foo.com"

I think you would be better off if you changed the alias on your mail
server to this:

rt-requests:	re-requests at mymachine.foo.com

And then on mymachine.foo.com you added this alias:

rt-requests:    "|/usr/local/rt/bin/rt-mailgate rt-requests correspond"

That will probably require you to put a symlink in /etc/smrsh on
mymachine.foo.com.

If the format of RT "2" mailgate aliases are different, I'm sorry. I've
not looked at it yet.
--
Dale Bewley - Bewley Internet Solutions Inc. http://bewley.net/