[rt-users] Post-install RT error

Ben Pitzer ben at netraverse.com
Wed Jun 6 17:44:02 EDT 2001

Folks,

I've "successfully" installed RT on a Progeny Debian machine, along with
all of the appropriate Perl modules, including Msql-Mysql-modules.  All of
this seemed to go correctly, although the Msql-Mysql-modules install did
take some modification of the makefile to get it to work, but that should
not be affecting my current problem, which is this:

After installing, I try to run the rtadmin commmand out of the rt/bin/
directory.  This is the error I get:

bash-2.04# ./rtadmin queue -create sysadmin
Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so' for
module DBD::mysql: libmysqlclient.so.9: cannot load shared object file: No
such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux/DynaLoader.pm
line 169.

 at /usr/lib/perl5/5.005/i386-linux/Mysql.pm line 13
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /project/rt/lib/rt/database.pm line
8.

This is a problem for me, obviously.  This seems to indicate to me that
something in the Msql-Mysql-modules install failed, however it went in
fine.  Now, though, when I go back to it, it fails the 'make test' portion
of the install, but I think that this is the result of me changing the
root MySQL password.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

Regards,
Ben Pitzer
Systems Administrator
NeTraverse