[rt-users] Admincc

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Tue Jun 19 11:32:01 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 09:30:47AM +0100, Mark Cheverton wrote:
> Jesse wrote:
> >
> > What MTA are you using? How have you configured RT to send email?
> >
> 	I upgraded mysql to the latest release and that unfortunatly didn't fix
> thingse. I'm using sendmail - I have tried both sendmail and
> sendmailpipe with the same effect. I know email is working because
> initial process works - a ticket comes in, the autoreply goes out to
> requestor, the ticket is sent out to queue adminccs. But then further
> comments do not go to the queue adminccs even though they are shown in
> the web interface when entering a comment.

Does it look like the scrips are fireing in the debug log?

> 	Also I'm seeing other really wierd stuff happening. Some times a page
> just hangs and won't load. Sometimes when doing things like view headers
> it says no permission to view ticket, but on reload will work (and this
> is after I have just restarted apache so no mod_perl caching issue).

The only time I've seen this was when the web interface couldn't write to
its session files properly.

> Also sometimes when I hit comment on a new ticket the status field has
> --- selected rather than new other times it has new selected.

That sounds like a symptom of the same issue

> 	Config is as follows, these are both global, I havent done anything
> specific to a particular queue except add the watcher as admincc:
>
> 	scrips:	OnCreate AutoreplyToRequestors AutoReply
> 		OnCorrespond NotifyRequestorsAndCcsAsComment Correspondence
> 		OnCreate NotifyAllWatchersAsComment Correspondence
> 		OnComment NotifyAdminCcsAsComment AdminComment
> 	rights:	Everyone - CreateTicket
> 		Owner - CommentOnTicket, DeleteTicket, ModifyTicket, ReplyToTicket,
> ShowTicket, WatchAsAdminCc, SeeQueue
> 		Requestor - ReplyToTicket
> 		Cc - ReplyToTicket

You probably want these folks to have 'ShowTicket' as well. Especially if you expect them
to use the webui.

jesse reed vincent -- root at eruditorum.org -- jesse at fsck.com

This is scary.  I'm imagining tracerouting you and seeing links like "Route
84" and "Route 9, Exit 14".  Obviously, this is illness induced.
								--Cana McCoy