[rt-users] Comment Address vs Correspondence Address

Eric Goodman ericg at cats.ucsc.edu
Tue Jun 26 14:05:52 EDT 2001

>As I set up RT2, I'm puzzled by something. What's the
>difference between a Correspondence Address and a Comment
>Address? Is there any documentation I should be looking
>at that's not in the docs/ directory?

I haven't used RT2 yet, but my last message describes what I think
the concept of correspondence vs comment is. I believe there is much
more flexibility in RT2 to define exactly what each DOES do, but in
general I believe correspondence is the "public" email address of a
queue and comment is the "private" email address (for techs only) of
a queue. This allows you to associate different actions to mail
received from users than you would associate with internal
communications.

--- Eric