[rt-users] Configuring web interface

Tom Keeney tom.keeney at novuscg.com
Thu Jun 28 16:38:47 EDT 2001

This is my first time installing rt2.0 and installing rt for that matter.  I've following the instruction set in the README and those provided at http://www.helgrim.com/rtdocs/article4.html.  The instructions conflict at the web interface configuration:

The README says -
add the following lines to the httpd.conf:
Alias /webrt/ "/path/to/rt/lib/images/"
ScriptAlias /rt/ "/path/to/rt/bin/cgi/"

The other instructions say -
add the following lines to the httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost your.ip.address>
DocumentRoot /path/to/rt2/WebRT/html
ServerName your.rt.server.hostname
PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /path/to/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
<Location />
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

Which instruction set is correct?  Also, I can't find /WebRT/html in the path and webmux.pl is not installed.  Is this a problem with the build file?

please help.

thanks,
tom