[rt-users] Alternate authentication methods

Adams, Gavin gadams at promisant.com
Fri Jun 29 08:37:57 EDT 2001

Is it possible to setup rt 2.0 to authenticate web UI users against an
.htaccess file? We use a Kerberos domain for a variety of Windows 2000
and UNIX systems, -- with the exception of rt. A good example is
netsaint. When I authenticate against the web server, the username is
passed through to netsaint and the appropriate permissions are granted.

I know that gecos can be used for rt commands from a shell, is it
possible to leverage this for the web UI?

--- Gavin Adams
Promisant Ltd.
Bermuda