[rt-users] Using CPAN

Drew Minniti drew.minniti at telocity.com
Fri Jun 29 07:08:11 EDT 2001

You can configure CPAN to always prompt you before installing required
packages.  You need to copy /perl/directory/CPAN/Config.pm to
$HOME/.cpan/CPAN/MyConfig.pm.  In there you should edit the following line:

	'prerequisites_policy' => q[follow],

change it to:

	'prerequisites_policy' => q[ask],

Note, however, that some of the required modules for RT require
Data::Dumper.  This module has been included in Perl 5.6 and up.  So when
prompted, if you say 'yes' to install data::dumper you will actually be
installing perl5.6.  So say no to any data::dumper requests.  You would be
best off downloading it from cpan.org and installing it manually and then
start using cpan.

Drew