[rt-users] Problems with autoresponders

Jesse jesse at fsck.com
Mon Mar 5 14:50:46 EST 2001

Ugh. sadly, that's not at all standard...not that there is an official
standard, but most folks who write autoresponders have the common courtesy
of setting the Precedence header to 'bulk'.

Basically, what you want to do is add some code to lib/rt/ui/mail/manipulate
just after this:

        elsif ($line =~ /^Precedence: (.*)/si) {
            $precedence = $1;
        }

that says:
        elsif ($line =~ /^X-Autoresponse-From:/si) {
                $precedence = 'bulk';
        }

that should make it stop replying to those messages